"The line etched into a headstone between the dates of birth and death represent each step we take on earth and every single breath. To many, it is just a hyphen, marking time between the years, but in that little dash is a lifetime of laughter, love, and tears...Time steals our days and hours before we recognize the theft, and we live each day not knowing how much of our dash is left".
-Linda Ellis

Thursday, January 10, 2013

"Always"

"There is a universal truth we all have to face. whether we want to or not-everything eventually ends. I've always disliked endings. The last day of summer, the final chapter of a good book, parting ways with a close friend. But endings are inevitable. Leaves fall. You close the book. You wave goodbye. Today is one of those days for me. Today, I say goodbye to everything that was familiar, everything that was comfortable. I'm moving on, but just because I'm leaving, and that hurts-there are some people who are so much a part of us they'll be with us no matter what. They are our solid ground, our North star, and the small clear voices in our hearts that will be with us ALWAYS"
-Castle

 Just over a week ago, this described EXACTLY what I was feeling. As much as I wished that somehow it wouldn't all change, life does. I've been trying to write this since the second I drove away. The truth is there really aren't words sometimes. Words can't express heartache. I don't know how I let go. I think it took all the strength I had left. Life is changing again, I don't understand it. I don't exactly know how I'm going to make it through. But, there are people in my life that truly are so much a part of me, that life can't change it. and I guess that's how I've made it this far. 

To my best friend...
All those times I said it didn't feel right coming back to school. I really think it was because it didn't feel right parting ways with you. There hasn't been a day that has gone by that I haven't mentioned your name. Church this last Sunday, was so unbelievably hard without you. Everything is harder without you. I look forward to more memories. Good times are ahead of us! Thank you for being a friend. A true friend. I miss you. 

To the one I love...
I will never forget the hug you gave me before we said goodbye. It was the most incredible feeling in the world, and the hardest. I wouldn't trade the last three months for the world. Thank you, for the person you are. I was reminded what happy felt like.

Life will change, in the blink of an eye, you realize how fast the time goes. Grasp the memories. Are you holding tight? Good, now never let them go. And no matter what, they will be with you... ALWAYS.

No comments:

Post a Comment