"The line etched into a headstone between the dates of birth and death represent each step we take on earth and every single breath. To many, it is just a hyphen, marking time between the years, but in that little dash is a lifetime of laughter, love, and tears...Time steals our days and hours before we recognize the theft, and we live each day not knowing how much of our dash is left".
-Linda Ellis

Friday, September 13, 2013

DANCE... Even in the Rain

As the rain hits my window, I cannot help but think of the storm I am facing personally in my life. It has been a long winding road, and home has never felt so far away. It breaks my heart. I miss the security of my moms embrace... Somehow, despite her own trials and challenges, she manages to make everything ok. I miss singing in the car with my dad, it uplifted me when I needed it most. But as much as I miss it now, I'm grateful so much for the blessing it was to be with them this past week. It was a tender mercy from a loving Heavenly Father. Not everything makes sense to me right now, and I'm not sure when it will get better. I have found myself wondering "Why?" Why does it all continually have to be so hard? I don't think we're always meant to know the reasons for everything. But I have learned some wisdom within the words of a favorite book...

 "In the midst of tribulation every soul takes a moment to ask why. Why me? Why now? What is the purpose for the anguish and the pain that I am experiencing? The mind searches for explanation; the heart questions its ability to withstand such intense emotion. In the search for a definite answer hope becomes dim and the struggle to simply exist takes over. It is hard to understand why bad things happen to good people. In these moments of despair we turn to God for answers. We become like the people of alma; 'And it came to pass that so great were their afflictions that they began to cry mightily to God' (Mosiah 24:10). We beg to understand the reason for the suffering. We do not experience trials just to see if we will make it through.
 Each of us experiences the refiner's fire for one reason-- to come to know the Refiner...
 Christ is always there. In the darkest hours of he night and the longest hours of the day, He is there." (Closer to Christ- Emily Freeman)
 
We may not always have the ability to see through the eyes of the Savior. His perspective is far greater for sure... but we do have the ability to go to Him. If nothing else, we learn He is there, He is aware, and He loves infinitely. To me, that is priceless. It's worth the heartbreak. I love the message behind a favorite quote of mine...
 
 "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,
 But learning to DANCE in the rain."

 Whether the storm is literal or metaphorical... or even both, dance through it! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment