"The line etched into a headstone between the dates of birth and death represent each step we take on earth and every single breath. To many, it is just a hyphen, marking time between the years, but in that little dash is a lifetime of laughter, love, and tears...Time steals our days and hours before we recognize the theft, and we live each day not knowing how much of our dash is left".
-Linda Ellis

Monday, September 23, 2013

And Each Heart is Whispering... Home at last!

No matter where the roads of my life have taken me, I have always had a constant lit path that guided me home. A place of unfailing comfort, laughter, and love. The pure love that can't be described, only felt.

I've recently had to say goodbye to the place I have known as home, it was one of the hardest goodbyes I've ever experienced. Today,  I found myself longing for home. I began to feel broken and completely alone. I turned to my Heavenly Father for comfort, and prayed I would somehow find, within myself, the faith necessary to make it through the darkness.

My spirit was lifted through a favorite song...

"Sunny days and starry nights,
and lazy afternoons
You're counting castles in the clouds,
and humming little tunes
But somehow right before your eyes,
the sun light fades away
Everything is different,
and everything has changed

If you feel lost and on your own,
and far from home
You're never alone, you know

Just think of your friends,
the ones who care
They all will be waiting there,
with love to share
And your heart will lead you home"
("Your heart will lead you home, Kenny Loggins")

It turns out that my heart led me exactly there...home. It's definitely different than what it used to be, and I still miss it more than just about anything. But, as I talked to my mom today I felt the comfort of home that I naively thought existed within a house on a piece of land. It turns out, wherever you go, home goes with you. It lies within the love of those who never leave your side. Those who are hundreds of miles away and still manage to be there. I am overflowed with gratitude for the abundance of blessings I have in my life. I'm grateful for my Heavenly Father who is with me now, lighting my darkened path, that will ultimately guide me to my home in Heaven.

It's going to be okay :)





No comments:

Post a Comment